Saturday, January 8, 2011

january 8th, 2011.

Alcohol Abuse


Alcohol Abuse: definition --- excessive use of alcohol and alcoholic drinks.

Most kids my age have either had a beer before or drink every weekend. I have not had alcohol in my life. I will not because it does not phase me. Alcohol actually blocks a handful of  messages that are trying to reach the brain. It alters emotions, movement visions, and perceptions. It effects the central nervous system, which is the brain and spinal cord. In my own opinion alcohol makes you look stupid. Yes, there is a difference in just having a glass or can every so often and not abusing it. Abuse is what I am talking about today. There is no wrong-doing in having a few every now and then. I do not look down on anyone that does so. I have my opinions and thoughts just as everyone does.

"And do not get drunk with wine, for that is debauchery, but be filled with the Spirit." - Ephesians 4:18 

In 2006, approximately 22,073 people died due to being alcohol-induced in the United States. That is a lot of people. I don't want to see this number to continue to go up-hill. We need to learn to drink responsibly. Be above the influence. Don't take your life for alcohol.



The grace of the Lord Jesus be with all.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment