Friday, January 7, 2011

january 7th, 2011.

                                       In Memory of Moffat Patrick Witherington.




This is my grandfather, (my mother's father) he passed in March 2010. He was a strong man, and went through some tragedies that some would never imagine happening. I look up to him still to this day, and I regret never spending enough time with him other than family get-togethers and holidays. He had such a sense of humor and I loved every Sunday morning in church when he would walk in with that smile on and point is finger at me and wink. I will also never forget the jokes he would make about losing his hair. He has asked me "Can I have some of yours?" He served our country, and he inspires me. He was ready to pass, and I miss him. It's sad but then again, he is no longer in any more pain. It's almost a year now since his death, and I know how much my mother misses him. He was a great man, and his soul still carries on.


"Yes, we are of good courage, and we would rather be away from the body and at home with the Lord." - 2 Corinthians 5:8


With all this said, it has made me realize to not spend so much time hanging out with friends or doing fun stuff when I should be making more effort to spend time with family. People can be taken away in a matter of seconds, and you never want to have the feeling of guilt because you weren't there like you should have been. Family is important, and you should appreciate every single of them. Be there for them, be there when times get tough, and be there through the good times. We can't be so selfish and not think of family before friends. They are all important yes, but friends come and go when family is always there. I have come to realize that I do not tell my parents enough how much I love them and appreciate every gesture they do for me. I am a blessed individual, and I take numerous things for granted. I have started to watch what I say to my loved ones, because I don't want to hurt a single one of them. However, I don't want to hurt anyone. You don't want to be remembered for saying hurtful things, you want to be remembered by always saying loving words to people. Love is kind. 


Home/Definition ---"The place in which you are treated the best and grumble the most."




The grace of the Lord Jesus be with all.
Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment