Tuesday, January 11, 2011

january 10th, 2011

Cursing.


I am against cursing, and taking the Lords name in vain. It doesn't make you look cool, or make you fit in. Do you want to be remembered as what some may call a potty mouth? It's really unattractive, and it's not something you want to be remembered doing. Taking the Lord's name in vain bothers me far more than cursing on a daily basis. 


"You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain, for the Lord will not hold him guiltless who takes his name in vain." -Exodus 20:7


You will hear children using the Lord's name in vain more and more each day. It's saddening to me. I hate to see young children being accustomed to hearing those words in their own home or school. I was raised to not say "Oh my God," or "Oh my Gosh." Some may say that gosh is not as bad or the same. When knowing it means the same thing, it shouldn't be said (at least in my opinion). Some say it without even thinking about it, and some are around others who say it and you end up start saying it as well. 


"Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear." -Ephesians 4:29


I personally prefer to not be around people that curse continually, or take the Lord's name in vain. As he is the Father and I should not put him down for his amazing work.





The grace of the Lord Jesus be with all.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment