Saturday, January 15, 2011

january 14th, 2011

Obeying your Parents.


All children should obey their parents. Whether you agree or think it is not fair. It is their job to raise you and you can't raise yourself. Respect them, and learn to realize they have their best interest in you. They only want the best for you. I know that I've had my times where I get so angry at my parents and I think their ways are not fair. I've come to the understanding that they are doing what's right. My mother and father are wonderful parents and I don't appreciate them as much as I should. I love you Mommy and Daddy. Your long hours and efforts to make me into an independent person are surely paying off. Thank you for everything. 


"Children obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. "Honor your father and mother" (this is the first commandment with a promise), "that it may go well with you and that you may live long in the land." Fathers, do not provoke your children to anger, but bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord."" - Ephesians 6:1-3


The relationship between parents and children are very sweet and special. Treat them with respect and love. Love one another. Children do not be rude or inconsiderate, for you will learn eventually the reasons that your parents do what they do. 


"Whoever spares the rod hates his son, but he who loves him is diligent to discipline him." - Proverbs 13:24


It is their responsibility to raise us and build us up. Let them. For this is the way God intended it to be. 



The grace of the Lord Jesus be with all.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment