Monday, January 3, 2011

january 3rd, 2011

Committing Adultery/Staying faithful to your spouse


I have seen numerous people at my age and other ages recently being cheated on or hurt emotionally by a spouse and/or girlfriend or boyfriend. It hurts me and I'm not even the person it happened to. It hurts and kills me to see a person intentionally go out and be unfaithful. One phrase I will continually say is, "Flirting is cheating, and wanting is cheating." If you are mature enough to be in a relationship, that means you need to stay true to your partner. If you want another person, you do not truly love your partner. Love is passionate, and should be taken seriously and not as a joke. 




‎1 corinthians 13:4-7 -- "love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. it does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrong-doing, but rejoices with the truth. love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things."




If you know your bible, you know that sexual sin is taken very seriously in the Old Testament. Spiritually speaking, we are to devote our lives to the Lord, not money, accessories, our professions, toys or anything for that matter. The Bible all around takes sexual sin extremely serious. You shall repent, which means to turn away from sin and turn toward God.


I have seen the love in my grandfathers eyes for my step-grandmother. It is unbelievable. I remember the exact day he was in the hospital, and the staff asked him to remove all jewelry and he refused to take off his wedding ring. He would have switched hospitals or went straight home if they made him. He loved her more than anyone would ever know, and now that he is gone it's very different. The love is still there, and I can feel it when I am around her. That is a living example of a true and faithful relationship. It's still going as one of them has passed, and it's love. Love is a powerful thing, and it only waits for one thing and that is the right time. 


Remember, to stay faithful as it is a sin to commit adultery. 



The grace of the Lord Jesus be with all.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment