Wednesday, March 30, 2011

march 30th, 2011

I confess.
I apologize deeply for missing a whole week.
I have a lot of stuff going on, and I just can't make the time to write every day.
I am going to start writing when I possibly can. It might be everyday, or I might skip a day or so.
Bare with me and my strange thing of a life!
Hope you enjoy!

Today is a day I will talk about friendship. Friends come and go, but your true friends will be there throughout every step of your life. If you take advantage of the ones that love you, you will regret it more than anything. Be thankful and loving towards your friends. Stay truthful and never stab one another in the back. We all to some extent have someone or some people that we do not particularly like, correct? Shouldn't we all love everyone? Despite our differences we should all get along and accept one another for who we are. I have a difficult time biting my tongue at times, and I seriously need to work on that. I tend to spit out hurtful words to someone and later on I completely regret it. We all are God's children, and we should respect him by loving one another. Everyone. Not excluding one person or a few. Everyone. I've seen "friends" go behind one anothers backs and just do some cruel treatment. It's awful, and it's sad. If we all just try each and every day to give a stranger a smile... you would be surprised at how much that might boost someone up.

This past Sunday I served at Fifth Street Ministries. It is a homeless shelter in Statesville. I've been there a few times before, but I had never served the people food before. It opened my eyes to see how thankful they were for each and everything that they had. My sister was a greeter, (can you believe my sister got assigned as the greeter? Perfect job for her) and she asked everyone how they were. One lady was approaching the line, and my sister asked her, "How are you ma'am?," and the lady replied with one word..."Blessed." It opened my eyes to the highest hills. The people that were there were as sweet as can be, and trust me... You WILL be expected me back to serve. Not to make myself to feel better, but to see those smiling faces. I was awakened on Sunday at how truly blessed I am. I have a loving family and friends that truly care about me. I have a roof over my head each and every night. I have heat, and a warm bed to sleep in every night. The essentials that I have... I take for granted everyday. Thank everyone for all they have done for you. Especially thank your parents. We all take them for granted way more than we should. Thank God for being blessed. He truly is our Father, and we should love him and thank him for everything he does to impact our lives.

I am truly blessed.

Blessed. I. am. blessed.
Thank you Lord.

The grace of the Lord Jesus be with all.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment