Wednesday, March 16, 2011

march 16th, 2011

Unconditional Love.

When times get tough in a relationship are you going to give up? Are you just going to pack your things and leave? Is it worth leaving? When you truly love someone you don't give up, and you never quit trying. When you get through hard times, that makes you stronger as a couple. Respect is the biggest thing. Love one another and treat each other with love and kindness at all times. Especially with marriage... You should never ever give up on one another. I don't believe in divorce. I don't support it, unless someone commits adultery, and in my mind and thoughts that is the only exception. You have made vows to the Lord, and you should never break those. You promised you would be there for that person through sickness and in health, and you should never back out. Never quit trying; however, never put yourself in an unhealthy relationship to start with.

Love each other, as God has loved you. Put God first, always. Never should he come second, and if you put him first in your relationship... then everything shall go smoothly. Ask him for his guidance, and love to help you be a devoted Christian couple. God has the unconditional love for each and every one of us on this Earth. Never should you treat a person with hate. Always be loving, and never hurt a single soul with hurtful words.

"Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrong-doing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends. So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; the greatest of these is love." - 1 Corinthians 13:4-8,13


I've been told that happiness is everything. Is that true? I'm willing to give my happiness up to make another person happy. Love is strong and powerful. I have the kind of love for God and my family that is never ending. It's not as powerful as God's love for me, you, or everyone; however, I do love with passion. I love everyone, and that includes everyone that I do not know. Needless to say that at some point people irritate me, but that's human nature. I don't have any type of hatred for anyone.

Recently, I have been harassed emotionally by an individual in my church. I will not name any names, for that is not right. He/She has said some hurtful things to me over a certain period of time, and I finally stepped up and said something. It hurt because I could not say anything disrespectful to her/him. I am not the type of person to disrespect an elder, for I never said anything and the situation was going on extendedly. This person has not been back to church since. I did not wish for that to happen, and I just ask for God to help this individual with whatever he/she is going through. I told myself that this is in God's control, and it's his position to forgive her/him and do what he has to do. Not me. It's not my place to forgive her/him. That's God's place. I don't understand how a person can say hurtful things to another person, and I will never understand that. I had to turn the other cheek, and I had to pray for this person. I asked God to help her/him and to give her/him the love he/she needs.

It's hard sometimes, and it takes a lot of stepping up to do to turn the other cheek in spite of someone else. It took a lot out of me to not come back with a hurtful response, but I had to take a breathe. I had to think of what God wanted me to do.

This was a rather long post, and I can truly go on for a lot longer time. I won't though. Love is a powerful thing, and I believe it's the strongest thing in the world if you treat it right. Love is not for right now, or for just a little while... it's for forever. Never ending. Unconditionally. Otherwise... it's lust. Treat someone the way that you would like to be treated, and turn the other cheek when someone is hateful. They will answer to God at the gates of heaven when their time comes. That's not your job to judge them or forgive them. Love them, and pray for them. That's what they need.

I won't say anymore, for you are probably getting tiresome of my words.

In the name of the Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit.


The grace of the Lord Jesus be with all.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment