Tuesday, March 22, 2011

march 21st, 2011

In Honor of my Grandmother, Patty Witherington

This is my step-grandmother technically, but my biological grandmother died when my mother was a teenager. Since I never met my biological grandmother, Grandpatty is the only grandmother I know. My grandfather Pat Witherington loves this woman, and the love he has for her is just truly magical. He passed last year, and I admire Grandpatty's strength over the past year. I am sure it is tough for her because that was her best friend and lover. She's so fun to be around, and I love her. 

I'll tell you a little bit about her. She was the organist at my church for many years, and she retired years ago. She now sings in the choir, and I love seeing her up there with us. I would like to spend more time with her and keep her company. 

She is a special individual to me, and I wish that some day in my future that I am able to have the strength and courage this miraculous woman has. I strive to have some of her characteristics as a person as I age through time. 

Thank you Lord for blessing my grandfather with another love after his first wife had died. I have truly loved seeing them together as a couple of God, and I admire them both in so many ways. I love you Granddaddy Pat, and I miss you terribly. I know that Grandpatty does too. We all do. 

Thank you Lord for blessing me with another lovely lady to love me and be there for me as I grow into the human being that you strive for me to be. 

The grace of the Lord Jesus be with all.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment