Saturday, March 19, 2011

march 19th, 2011

In Honor of my Grandfather, Bob Crawford.

Some kids my age are not very close with their grandparents; however, I see my dad's parents every single day of the week except on Saturdays. I am at their house during the school week, and I love spending time with them. I'm so fortunate to have grandparents like them. My grandpa can make me laugh at almost anything he says. He means more to me than anyone will ever know, and I always want to make him proud. He's one that I catch watching cartoons in his recliner as I walk in the door at lunch time. He has had lung cancer twice, and he wasn't expected to live these past 20 years that he has. He has strength like no one else has. I admire him in so many ways that are unexplainable. He's one of my best friends, and he always gives good advice. I love you Granddaddy. I will forever love you. 

Through his pain over the years he still continues to come to church every Sunday. I am in the choir, and I always see him looking up and smiling and me, my grandmother (that stands beside me), my sister, and my father that all sing in the choir at my church. He is always smiling, and he always lights up a room. I am doing my very best to develop a strong relationship with them because time is all we have in this world. You never know when you could lose anyone that is meaningful in your life. Make the best of the time you have, and always spend time with family. 

My grandfather is special to me in ways that I couldn't begin to explain. He was told in 1990 (I believe that is the year. I might be wrong) that he had lung cancer. They told him that he wouldn't make it till the end of the year. I was born in 1993. He's still alive today with the same spunk I'm sure he had back then! I am so thankful that he was able to live long enough to see me grow as a person. I'm so thankful that I was able to be around him this much. He has such a large impact on my life, and I wouldn't be who I am today without him. I love you Granddaddy. I love you with all my heart, soul, and mind. Never will you ever leave my heart. 

Thank you Lord for blessing me with a man in my life that I am lucky enough to call my grandfather. 

I am truly blessed with such loving people to raise me. 


The grace of the Lord Jesus be with all.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment