Friday, April 22, 2011

april 22nd, 2011

It's Good Friday today!

I apologize for not being on in basically a month. I have had a lot going on with school and working. Easter is on Sunday.

Good Friday is the Friday before Easter, which is the day Jesus was crucified. He died for our sins with his love for God and for us. I woke up and went to school today, and I was debating on whether to attend the local Good Friday Service at noon. I wasn't really that interested; however, I chose to attend. I would have seriously regretted not showing up. The service was very moving, and I enjoyed everything (including the Word that was spoken, the music that was sung/played, the scriptures that were read, and basically everything that was taken place). What I am getting at today is that we sometimes choose not to show up to a church event or a service, then we choose to do otherwise. I came to the realization that I do have a relationship with God; however, it isn't as strong as it needs to be.

Last Sunday was a special day for me, and it meant a lot. I was able to listen to my preacher's sermon, and it opened my eyes tremendously. It might have shaken some people up, but that is the truth and everyone in the church needed to hear it (including me). You are not considered a "good Christian" just because you do good things most of the time, you aren't a "good Christian" just because you go to church every Sunday, you are saved by the grace of God because of Jesus. If it weren't for Jesus dying on the cross we would not be alive today breathing the air that God put here for us. His love for his Father is unbelievable, and he gave us all life. We should be thanking our Lord and Jesus Christ for all they do for us. Jesus Christ died on the cross for our sins, so we can be forgiven. We all sin on a day to day basis. Shouldn't we at least try to lower the amount of sin we commit? I sure do try, and I understand that we were all born sinners. All of us are sinners; regardless of what anyone tries to tell you.

Let us all try to appreciate Jesus Christ as our Savior, and we all need to come to the realization that it is because of him that we are saved and not by our own deeds.

Understand that and comprehend that please; I have to do it myself as well. I always focused on what I would do to become a better Christian. When in reality it is because of Jesus Christ that I am a child of God and a saved Christian. Yes, it still matters on how I act and what I make of my life. I should still make wise decisions and follow God's commandments. Follow the Word of God, and follow his ways. Stay true and gracious to his ways. Forever he will love us and keep us close. Never are we far from his presence.

Forever will he love each and every one of us.

The grace of the Lord Jesus be with all.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment