Sunday, February 27, 2011

february 27th, 2011

Your Sorrow Will Turn Into Joy.


"A little while, and you will see me no longer; and again a little while, and you will see me." - John 16:16


Your sorrow will turn into joy when you ask in God's name. Prayer is not about your wants, my wants, or any of  our selfish desires. It is about God's desires. Until we ask in his name our sorrow will not turn into joy. For some of us have not been asking for the right reasons, and some of us have not been asking in his name. For when we all ask in his name, we will all have joy. 


"So also you have sorrow now, but I will see you again and your hearts will rejoice, and no one will take your joy from you. In that day you will ask nothing of me. Truly, truly, I say to you, whatever you ask of the Father in my name, he will give it to you. Until now you have asked nothing in my name. Ask, and you will receive, that your joy may be full." - John 16:22-24


What do those verses there tell you? It tells me that if I ask for things in such a way that it is not in God's desires that I will not receive such a thing. I don't believe all of us remember or keep in mind that prayer is for God. We should pray for emotional strength in his name. We should pray for others, and we should ask for his guidance in life to teach us the right thing. I am not a perfect example of a Christian; however, I do try to better myself a child of God. I try to better my relationship with our Creator by prayer, through his word, and through loving others like I should. 


He will fill our hearts with joy, and we will not see sorrow no longer. 


Remember to ask everything in his name, and remember that. Not in your name or for your selfish desires. Prayer is for God's desires, not our own. That is very important, keep that.



The grace of the Lord Jesus be with all.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment