Thursday, February 10, 2011

february 10th, 2011

Rules for Christian Households.


This comes from the book of Colossians. I live in a Christian household, therefore; I will have a Christian household as well when I grow older and have a family of my own. We aren't the best Christians, but we can always better ourselves for the Lord.


"Wives, submit to your husbands, as is fitting in the Lord. Husbands, love your wives, and do not be harsh with them. Children, obey your parents in everything, for this pleases the Lord. Fathers, do not provoke your children, lest they become discouraged." - Colossians 3:18-21


The Lord has rules for a Christian household; thus, we should follow them and obey his word. My parents raised me in church and I grew up a Christian. As I have grown into my own person and aged a bit it was my decision whether or not I wanted to live my life for Christ. I chose to. It was a wise decision if I say so myself. I wouldn't ever regret that decision. Back to the household topic, I will raise a family with Christian rules. It is their decision from there. God has intended us to all follow his ways, but it is all of our decisions to do so. Some choose to follow his path, and some do not. 


"Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the inheritance as your reward. You are serving the Lord Christ. For the wrongdoer will be paid back for the wrong he has done, and there is no partiality." - Colossians 3:23-25


For children in a Christian household, you should obey your parents and listen to them. Be respectful and honest. Do not disobey them. It pleases the Father to do so, it says very so in this chapter. Do not be wicked and childish and go against them; therefore, have a bonding relationship with them. I am not a parent, so I cannot understand what it is like to be in that situation. I just suggest reading the words of God for help in raising children. It doesn't take much to make a child, but I have heard that it is the hardest job of them all to raise one the right way. 


"Continue steadfastly in prayer, being watchful in it with thanksgiving. At the same time, pray also for us, that God may open to us a door for the word, to declare the mystery of Christ, on account of which I am in prison - that I may make it clear, which is how I ought to speak. Conduct yourselves wisely toward outsiders, making the best use of the time. Let your speech always be gracious, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how you ought to answer each person." - Colossians 4:2-5


A Christian family should have constant prayer, and worship in thanksgiving. Thank the Lord for your family, and pray for others as well. Ask God to grant others with his grace and love, and be loving towards your family and everyone else around you. 


Speak in such a way that you will be gracious to the Lord, and you read his word so you know how to answer to all. 


Families out there that are raising at Christian household, read more out of his book and follow his ways on a daily basis. Remember who you're living your life for, and it's not for yourself.



The grace of the Lord Jesus be with all.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment