Thursday, February 24, 2011

february 23rd, 2011

This is in Honor of my Uncle Rick Witherington


This is my Uncle Ricky. He recently discovered that he had a brain tumor; he had it removed not too long ago. He is battling brain cancer, and I will ask from you God to please help this strong man. I know you have heard my constant prayers lately, and I will not give up. I ask for you to please give him the strength and the courage to get through this process. I know it's just beginning, and we don't know how long this process will go on. 

This is my mother's oldest brother and only brother for that fact. He reminds me of my grandfather each and every time I look at him. They both mean to me more than they will ever know, and I know that I didn't spend enough time with my grandfather that I know should have. I want to spend more time with my Uncle, and I want to tell him how much he means to me even though I don't tell him like I should. I love you Uncle Ricky, and this is for you. 

You are a strong person, and I know that. You have to be to grow up with three little sisters like my mom, Ann, and Ginny. I love those three sisters, and I love each and every one of their personalities. I love my family, and I will continue to have constant prayer during this process of cancer. Family is everything, and I will never forget that. 

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life." - John 3:16

I will go back to saying that every time I look at my Uncle Ricky I think of my Granddaddy. It warms my heart, and it makes me feel like he is still here. I love you both, and you both are very important in my life. 

I love you Uncle Ricky, and I will never stop praying for you to have the strength to get through this. You can do it. You can overcome it, and never forget who has your life in the palm of his hands. 



The grace of the Lord Jesus be with all.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment