Thursday, March 8, 2012

march 8th, 2012

What the Future Holds

The future can be a scary or even exciting topic to think about. We all say this at one time throughout our lives, "I wonder what my future will be like, my husband/wife, what my kids will look like, what I'll name them, where I'll live, what my career will be, and etc." It's heart wrenching! That's a given... I do know this though, I will not boast about tomorrow...

"Come now who say, "Today or tomorrow we will go into such and such a town and spend a year there and trade and make a profit" - yet you do not know what tomorrow will bring. What is your life? For you are a mist that appears for a little time and then vanishes. Instead you ought to say, "If the Lord wills, we will live and do this or that." As it is you boast in your arrogance. All such boasting is evil. So whoever knows the right thing to do and fails to do it, for him it is a sin." - James 4:13-17

I know some of the major things I want out of life... I want to be who God wants me to be; that's number one on my list. After that just comes normal things anyone might want, such as, I want to be a wonderful wife to my future husband. I want to support him, be by his side, live in the warmth of his heart and call it home. I want out of my husband... just normal things, I want an honest, loving, caring, humorous, and Christian man. If he can't love God first and foremost, he can't love me. I just want a man that believes in the same morals and values as I do. No cheating, nothing but pure honesty, and love with everything we have in our souls. It's possible, I've seen it. In the meantime, Ill be waiting.

"Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrong-doing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, and endures all things. Love never ends. As for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge it will pass away. So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love." - 1 Corinthians 13:4-8,13

"Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her, that he might sanctify her, having cleansed her by washing of water with the word, so that he might present the church to himself in splendor, without spot or wrinkle or any such thing, that she might be holy and without blemish. In the same way husbands should love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. For no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it, just as Christ does the church, because we are members of his body. "Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and hold fast to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh." This mystery is profound, and I am saying that it refers to Christ and the church, However, let each one of you love his wife as himself, and let the wife see that she respects her husband." - Ephesians 5:25-33

With children, that comes another priority. I want to be the best mother I can be, I was beyond grateful to have a loving mother as I have. I want to follow in her and my fathers footsteps of raising good children with respect for adults, and honest children. A handful of parents don't put their all into raising their children, I want the absolute best for them, and I want to raise them in a Godly house. I plan on raising my children in the guidance of the Lord and his commandments. They will be taught the way I was brought up.

"Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. "Honor your father and mother" (this is the first commandment with a promise), "that it may go well with you and that you may live long in the land." Fathers, do not provoke your children to anger, but bring them up in discipline and instruction of the Lord." - Ephesians 6:1-4

I have thought of a few names, (not like this matters) Alexa Kate (Kate coming from my sisters name), Leah Grace (Just because...), and I'm not sure of a boys name, other than his middle name will be Robert in honor of my father and my grandfather.

To sum it all up with what I want out of life, I want to be exactly what God wants me to be. I want to be a follower in his name, and live in his glory. I will not boast about tomorrow, but I will go with the flow that God takes me and be thankful along the way. My life is in his hands, and he is the controller. Never should we forget that he is the man in the recliner with the hand on the remote... Let him be in control. It will turn out way better than if you decided the channel.


The grace of the Lord Jesus be with all.
Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment