Friday, February 24, 2012

february 23rd, 2012

Money, Money, Money
$$$$$$$$

Money is an essential to survive in the world, for you have to purchase food, keep clothes on our bodies, keep a roof over our heads, and etc. However, it takes over our lives, and I am not meaning in a good way. As humans, we all like to have or desire nice things, but in reality we can't all afford the most ravishing items of our time. We tend to worry more about how much money we have in our pocket rather than how strong and faithful our relationship is with the Lord.

"Give, and it will be given to you; good measure, crushed down, full and running over, they will give to you. For the same measure as you give, it will be given to you again." - Luke 6:38

If one is poor, he or she has little to give. Be generous, thoughtful, and give to the less fortunate. Give, and don't expect in return. Help others.

"You shall love your neighbor as yourself." - Mark 12:31

One day, I was in the drive-thru line at the good ole greasy McDonalds, and there was a lady in front of me. I pull up to pay for my meal, and the cashier says "Ma'am, she has already paid for you." Reminding everyone.. I have no clue who this woman is. She purposely and generously paid for my lunch. Who does things like that for a stranger these days? Not too many. How was I any different than anyone else? I'm not, and I'm not more special than anyone else. It just so happened that I was in a certain spot, with a certain generous lady in front of me while getting some food. Not that, that was important or anything, but the nice gestures from complete strangers remind you that there are generous and caring people among us.

"Do to others as you would have them do to you." - Luke 6:31

We shouldn't let money, or any possessions make a priority or highly importance in our lives. Yes, they are important, but never forget who comes before all things... and that is our God. Not money, or anything.

My advice for us all is to stop so much of the worrying about how much money we have, and worry about our lives we should be living for our Lord.

Never forget, who is there to watch and keep you safe... no matter how bad the storm can get.


The grace of the Lord Jesus be with all.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment