Sunday, August 14, 2011

august 14th, 2011

The Prayer of Faith

I have come to the realization at this time period in my life that I need to be praying a lot more. Not so much for the sake of myself, but the numerous people across the globe that are suffering more than I ever could be. 

I have dealt with some teenage issues recently that all teenagers deal with at one point or another. I'm hurt in ways, and I have been grieving. I have finally learned the point of picking myself up and telling myself to quit laying around in your self-pity. I'm soon to be 18 years old within the next month, and I am maturing as each day passes. With my trials throughout my teenage years, I have learned to lean on the Lord above. He is the rock and salvation of this world. 

"Is anyone among you suffering? Let him pray. Is anyone cheerful? Let him sing praise. Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer of faith will save the one who is sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven. Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person has a great power as it is working." - James 5:13-16 

Most of us as human beings naturally pray for ourselves first before others; however, it's not wrong to pray for yourself. You should pray for yourself to grow as a child of God and to ask for wisdom from him. As I age I realize that there are so many people other than myself that have their lives in a much worse condition that I could even imagine, and these are the individuals that I have been praying for (f.e. spouses that are going through divorce, children that deal with that as well, the hungry, the sick, and etc.). Everyone needs prayers. Life is a journey, and it never was guaranteed to be easy. 

Let's pray for one another, and be there for someone that is grieving and suffering. It will make a difference, and that's a fact. The Lord listens to every prayer that is said, and none of them go unheard. 

Prayer goes a long way. You'll be surprised how much one prayer can impact someone's life.

The grace of the Lord Jesus be with all.

Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment